When you need a string for your longbow or recurve bow, look no further than 60 Custom Bow Strings. These quality lengths of longbow strings are hand-made and never mass-produced, so you know you’re getting a product that will last you through many draws.
60X Custom Strings BCY 452X Custom Longbow & Recurve Bow String Length Features:
- Available in 57 colors
- 3D bow string serving
- Black Halo center serving
- Constructed of BCY 452X bow string material
- Available in size from 45"–70"
- Length is string length, not AMO length
- Longbow string length is measured at industry standard of 100lbs tension
- 1 3/4" top loop, 1 1/4" bottom loop for recurves
- 1 1/8" top loop, 1" bottom loop for longbows
- 1 year warranty
AS A GENERAL RULE OF THUMB, THE ACTUAL LENGTH OF STRING NEEDED FOR A RECURVE OR LONGBOW WILL BE 3″ SHORTER THAN THE AMO LENGTH OF THE BOW THAT IS OFTEN STAMPED ON THE BOW WITH THE POUNDAGE AND DRAW LENGTH. WITH THAT SAID, THE AMO STANDARDS AREN’T ALWAYS FOLLOWED. IF YOUR BOW DOES NOT HAVE A STRING OR YOU WANT TO DOUBLE CHECK THE MEASUREMENT, MEASURE THE BOW UNSTRUNG BY MEASURING FROM STRING GROOVE TO STRING GROOVE, FOLLOWING THE CURVE OF THE LIMBS AND ALONG THE BELLY OF THE BOW.
Bow strings are measured at the industry standard of 100lbs of tension. If you’re measuring hand tight, the bow string will measure up to 1″ shorter depending on the string material. Keep in mind returns are not accepted on custom orders if you order the incorrect length. Please contact us with any questions prior to ordering.