Eric Mueller - California
Eric Mueller has been a 60X Staff Shooter since 2018. He is involved with California Bowhunters, National Field Archery Association, USA Archery, World Archery, International Field Archery Association, and IBO, along with local clubs within a 200 mile radius.
He has shot all disciplines in archery but is focusing on Barebow Recurve, Barebow Compound and Longbow right now. He travels within the state of California extensively but travels outside of California at least once a year to attend bigger tournaments. He has a goal of trying out for the World Archery Team and traveling to another country to compete for the United States. Read on to learn more about him.
How did you get involved in archery?
- Started shooting a Bear recurve at ten years old. Parents, uncle, and aunt shot archery at the time and now my children are involved in some capacity.
How long have you been shooting?
- Been involved with archery 32 years and in 2019 I received my NFAA 25 year membership pin.
What notable competitions have you won?
- NFAA BTB 3D Open
- NFAA Marked 3D
- California State Field Championships
- USA Archery State Outdoor Target Championships
Do you prefer indoor or outdoor archery?
- Outdoor if at all possible!
Do you prefer 3D or target archery?
- Target type matters not, I enjoy archery. All of it!
What is your favorite 3D target?
- It has to be Redding, California Bigfoot.
What is your least favorite 3D target?
- Not a fan of the skinny turkeys at max distance.
What is your favorite tournament venue?
- NFAA Nationals held in Darrington, Washington. The area and ranges are beautiful, rain not so much.
What is the coolest thing about competing in archery tournaments?
- For the most part the people make the sport enjoyable and fun.
What is your favorite archery moment of all time?
- Winning my first NFAA National Tournament and receiving the Silver Bowl.
What is your advice for someone just getting started in archery?
- Don't over-bow yourself, work on form first, ask a lot of questions and put together the things that work for you, have a plan when you practice.
What do you like to do when you're not shooting?
- Hiking, Pickleball
What is your favorite sport other than archery?
- Disc Golf
What is your favorite sports team?
- Los Angeles Galaxy
What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Raising two great kids!
Who was your childhood hero?
What are your words to live by?
- It's all good
Please add anything else you'd like to share.
- Don't be afraid to talk with archers that may be able to help or lend some insight. Most people are nice and willing to answer questions. We were all new in the sport at some point.
60X accepts Pro Staff applications year-round. If you'd like to see if 60X Pro Staff is the right fit for you, check out the application to learn more!