60X Custom Strings 450+ Longbow & Recurve Bow String
- Available in Black and 11 other colors
- 3D Bow String Serving
- Black Halo Center Serving
- Constructed of BCY 450+ Bow String Material
- Available in size from 45" - 68"
- Length is Bow String Length, not AMO Length
- Bow String Length is measured at industry standard of 100lbs tension
- 1 3/4" Top Loop, 1 1/4" Bottom Loop for Recurves
- 1 1/8" Top Loop, 1" Bottom Loop for Longbows
- 1 Year Warranty
As a general rule of thumb the actual length of the string needed for a recurve or longbow will be 3″ shorter than AMO length of the bow. The AMO length is often stamped on the bow along with the poundage and draw length. With that said the AMO standards aren’t always followed. If your bow does not have a string or you want to double check the measurement by measuring the bow unstrung. To do so measure from string groove to string groove following the curve of the limbs and along the belly of the bow.
Bowstrings are measured at the industry standard of 100lbs of tension so please order accordingly. If measuring hand tight the bowstring will measure up to 1″ shorter depending on bow string material. Returns are not accepted on custom colors if incorrect length is ordered. Please Contact us with any questions prior to ordering.
Q: My bow lists an AMO length; is this my string length?
A: No, typically your actual string length is 3” shorter then your AMO length.